Wednesday 29 June 2011

back again...



Just a quick post to show some progression on my art project for the summer. Basically we were'nt really given a breif, only told that we needed to produce four pieces of work for the start of the october, which would develop into our work for the second year. Without having my feedback back from the first year's worth of work, I didn't currently have any sparks of inspiration to motivate me to really get going on some art. So I decided to keep it simple for the first 'piece' to get me into the swing of things! I've used my sister as the subject here, and literally took a simple portrait picture of her the other night. The picture I chose to paint I actually found quite interesting, there was something in the expression that didn't even show in real life (why do cameras lie?!) which I thought could make a pretty interesting portrait painting. I started this today, on an 18" x 24" canvas using acrylic paints. This is the progress I've made so far, obviously there's quite a bit still to do but I thought I would document how it's going along the way. (Also I ran out of white so I couldn't do any more :( ).

Oh and this is the photograph I'm using as a reference.
 





I will actually try to post more over the summer, I know I say this in like every post but I always never get round to it!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I wish I could paint like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. whut. actually amazing, it looks so realistic. it's gonna look like a photo when it's done. dayummm. it's making me wanna do some ;) although they'd be laughable in comparison :P x

    ReplyDelete